Ingredients (serves 4)
* 1 telegraph cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds scooped out, thinly sliced
* 2 cups (160g) bean spouts, trimmed
* 1/2 loosely packed cup coriander leaves
* 1/2 loosely packed cup mint leaves
* 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
* 1 tsp fish sauce
* 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
* 1 tbs lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
* 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
* 150g wasabi peas (see note), ground to fine powder in a food processor or spice grinder
* 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
* 2 eggwhites, lightly frothed
* 4 x 180g skinless salmon fillets, pin-boned
1. Place cucumber, sprouts, herbs and onion in a bowl. Combine sauces, juice and 1 tbs oil in another bowl. Set both aside.
2. Mix ground peas with flour in a shallow bowl, and place eggwhite in another bowl. Season fish with salt, then dip in eggwhite, followed by pea mixture to coat well.
3. Heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side until golden (if browning too quickly, transfer to a 180°C oven for 2-3 minutes to finish cooking). Toss salad with dressing, then serve with the fish and lime wedges.