* 800 g finely scraped Coconut
* 2 Cups Treacle (Coconut or Kithul treacle)
* 4 Cloves
* Pinch of Salt
* 2 Cups short grain white Rice
* 2 Cups thick Coconut milk
* 2 tsp Salt
* 3 Cups Water
(1) Prepare the Coconut Treacle Mix
* Pour the treacle into a pot and bring to a boil while stirring.
* Add the Coconut and mix well.
* Take off the heat.
* Add the pinch of salt and the cloves, mix well.
(2) Prepare the Milk Rice
* Put Rice and water into a pan and bring to a boil.
* Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
* Add coconut milk and Salt.
* Stir with handle of wooden spoon, cover and cook on low heat for another 10-15 minutes (until the milk has been absorbed).
* Divide the slightly cooled milk rice into two portions.
* On a flat dish, evenly spread out a layer of milk rice using one portion (should be at least. 1 cm thick).
* Then evenly spread the coconut treacle mix on top.
* Cover it completely (including from the sides) with the second portion of the milk rice.
* It is important to do all this before the milk rice cools down too much as it will become too sticky to handle.
* Cut into blocks.
* Serve with bananas for breakfast or at tea time.