* 250 g (8 oz) raw Cashews
* 3 Cups thin Coconut milk (or water)
* 1 medium Onion, sliced
* 2 fresh green Chilies, sliced
* 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
* 5 cm Cinnamon stick
* 4 pieces Rampe
* 8 Curry leaves
* 3 tbs Vegetable oil
* 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
* 1 tbs Raw Curry powder (see recipe for raw curry powder )
* 2 pieces Goraka (optional)
* 1 Cup thick Coconut milk or fresh milk
* Place the cashews in a bowl, add boiling water, close with lid and soak for about 4 hours or overnight.
* Drain the water from cashews and add salt, turmeric, raw curry powder, goraka and mix well until cashews are well coated.
* Heat the oil in a medium saucepan then add onions, green chilies, crushed garlic, cinnamon and fry until onions are soft and golden brown.
* Add the cashews and keep stirring until well coated with oil and onions.
* Add thin coconut milk (or water), close with lid and cook on slow heat until cashews are soft and cooked.
* Add the thick coconut milk (or fresh milk) and bring to a boil on slow heat.
* Turn off heat. Adjust salt to taste.